SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION AND MORE RELIABLE WITH INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
All the international standards that "Gyproc" are accepted by many institutions. To assure users they can choose to use gypsum boards, ceiling boards and other products with our best solutions for our homes, people and the environment.
What progress have we made with sustainable construction?
Building construction has a huge impact on the environment. A significant proportion of a building’s lifetime carbon is locked into the building materials’ manufacturing processes and transport, which represent the embodied carbon. Saint-Gobain Thailand demonstrates its’ commitment to create a green, healthy and climate resilient built environment for all through:
5 COMMITMENT GYPROC BUILT BETTER ENVIRONMENT
- We produce greener products: Gyproc plasterboards are awarded ‘Leader’ (4 ticks) rating by the Singapore Green Building Product (SGBP) certification scheme that assessed building products on their environmental properties and performance through a comprehensive list of criteria covering Energy Efficiency, Water Efficiency, Resource Efficiency, Health & Environmental Protection, and other green features.
- We believe in EPD: Gyproc has made the choice of 3rd party Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) as a standardized document based on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), to disclose the environmental impacts of our products in the most robust and transparent way to comply with LEED and TREES Green Building Standards.
- We committed to the Circular Economy: Gypsum is fully and infinitely recyclable. To take benefit of this valuable potential, we strive to increase the recycled content in our gypsum solutions which are already made from up to 20% of recycled gypsum and 100% recycled paper. We also produce our plasterboards by using recycled water through the in-house wastewater treatment facility.
- We take action in fighting climate change: Continue optimizes our production sites in processes and successfully reduced 18% CO2 emissions, 13% energy consumption, and 37% water withdrawals in 2018 compared to 2010. Thanks to our local manufacturing facilities and logistics optimization adapted to local situation or project, we optimize truck loading in order to reduce the CO2 emissions during transportation. Also, lightweight solutions are always considered when appropriate to further decrease these emissions.
- We set an example to the manufacturing industry: Our plants have been awarded the Green Mining and CSR-DPIM Awards by the Thai Department of Primary Industries and Mines for developing products and maintaining production processes that are sustainable to the environment and society.
with 4 main standard
1.ASTM C1396 (American Society for Testing and Materials) - Standard Specification for Gypsum Board
- Standard specification for gypsum board certified by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
2. British Standard BS EN 520 (British adoption of a European (EN) standard) - Standard Specification of Flexural Strength and Breaking Load
- Standard specification of flexural and fracture strength for gypsum board. Certified by British Standard
3. AS-NZS 2588 (Australian and New Zealand standard for safety management) - Australian / New Zealand Standard for Gypsum plasterboard.
- Requirements for the production and performance of gypsum sheets used in domestic, commercial and industrial applications. Certified by the Australian and New Zealand standard institute.
4.BS 476 (British Standard 476 Fire Tests) -Fire Tests on Building Materials and Structures
- Fire test of gypsum board and structure Certified by the British standard institute
1. Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) Standard
- It is a standardized document based on the Life Cycle Assessment LCA, enhancing compliance with LEED and TREES Green Building Standards.
- Benefits of EPD:
EPD gives consumers a clear idea of the ingredients of the product.
EPD helps consumers know how much impact the product has on the environment.
EPD has detailed information that is complete, clear, can be examined.
EPD allows consumers to make comparisons between products. To support the purchasing decision.
EPD encourages continuous environmental improvement through marketing mechanisms.
EPD Helps Obtain Point of Request for LEED Standards.
2. Singapore Green Building Product Standard
- Our gypsum board business, under the brand name "Gyproc / Proc", has been proven through the Singapore Green Building Product standard and received the highest 'Leader' rating: 4. ticks) from the Singapore Green Building Council, the only institution in the center of this industry from the Singapore Green Building Council.
- This certification scheme developed by the Singapore Green Building Council aims to assess construction products and materials on their environmental properties and performance through a comprehensive list of criteria covering 5 key areas of
- Energy Efficiency,
- Water Efficiency,
- Resource Efficiency,
- Health & Environmental Protection, and
- Other green features.